Thursday, June 10, 2010

Review: NewShampoo?!? Mill Creek's Biotin Shampoo

So the shampoo I was using for the past two weeks since i've taken out my braids John Frieda's Root Awakening shampoo. I HATE that shampoo. I only got it because my mom and brother supposedly "love" it and I was interested in the peppermint oil in it. Peppermint oil stimulates the scalp and hair growth. But the Root Awakening made my hair field sticky after washing it and dry...so I started looking for all natural organic products.

I'm staying away from sulfate and mineral oils and all that good stuff. So I was looking at Hairlista and Long Hair Care Forum and found Biotin Shampoo by Mill Creek. Biotin is an awesome vitamin people take for hair growth, so to find a shampoo with this ingredient, I was very excited!
I went to Vitamin Shoppe and bought the shampoo for $7.29. I went home excited to use it lol, literally. Opening the shampoo, it had a really nice milky creamy peppermint smell lol. Sooo, when I started to shampoo my hair, I noticed I didn't get any lather. For some reason, that's been happening to me lately lol. Even with the John Frieda, I didn't get any lather. But I recently found out that if your shampoo lathers, that means it's getting oxygen instead of all the dirt and oils on your hair. So first round of shampoo was no lather. Second round....I finally got the bubbles lol.

Unlike the John Frieda that made my hair feel sticky after washing it out my hair, this one made my hair feel really soft, which I wasn't really expecting hahaha. My scalp was a little tingly bc of the peppermint oil in the shampoo. I really liked that.  Plus knowing that bad things weren't in my hair....made me a happy lady.

All in all, I liked the first wash with the shampoo. It was a nice little bubbly experience. Let's see how it is next week and i'll see if I will recommend it. But so far so good!

Now Mill Creek makes more organic/natural shampoos/conditioners that all have a different purpose:

Biotin Shampoo:
 Therapy Formula

Invigorate scalp
Strengthens Hair Shaft
No artificial Colors
pH Balanced
No Sodium Lauryl Sulfate
Paraben Free

Used daily, this enriched formula can help replenish important nutrients necessary for healthy scalp and hair. Our Therapy formula combines Biotin, an essential member of B-Complex family with other B-complex vitamins - Panthenol, Inositol, Niacin, Folic Acid - with Cystine, Keratin, Jojoba and Aloe Vera for healthy-looking hair with full-bodied texture. Refreshing Peppermint Oil provides an invigorating sensation for the scalp.
 
Keratin (protein) Shampoo: 
 Beautiful Hair Naturally

*Repair Formula
*Natural & Organic Ingredients
*improves Elasticity
*Renews Inner Strength
*The Best of Nature for Nourished Beauty

*Keratin, the primary protein of your hair contains the essential amino acids needed for healthy-looking shiny hair. Keratin and Panthenol coat each individual strand of hair to smooth and protect. Infused with precious herbs, our Repair formula will give your hair renewed inner strength for greater elasticity, reduced breakage and a natural, healthy bounce. Your hair will shine and finally behave with regular use of this rich, gentle cleanser.
Does Not Contain:

Sodium lauryl sulfate, artificial colors.

Jojoba Shampoo:

A shampoo that helps lock in moisture, soften, and protect hair while it gently cleanses. A consistent Jojoba program can help make the scalp less acidic and aid in controlling the rate at which the scalp discharges sebum, a possible cause of hair and scalp problems.

Does Not Contain:
Sodium lauryl sulfate, artificial colors.

 
 
   
Henna Shampoo:
 Our exclusive blend of pure botanical Henna and Keratin protein does not impart color so it can be used on all hair colors to help your hair become shinier and more manageable. Our Enhancing formula works naturally to condition and accent the hidden highlights of the hair and capture the hidden tones. Panthenol helps repair split ends and pump up the volume of your hair for natural fullness and lively bounce.

Does Not Contain:

Sodium lauryl sulfate, artificial colors.

 
 
 
Tea Tree Shampoo:

Combining the pure extract from the Tea Tree with other natural ingredients our calming formula normalizes your scalp while hydrating and softening your hair.

1 comment: