Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Call of the Sea....

Ever since I was born, I had been a "Water Baby". Actually before I was born.  My mom would always tell me that during when she was pregnant with me, her stomach was HUGE. Not because of me. I was small, but because I was surrounded by so much water hahahah. I had my own little ocean to swim in. So yea, I've loved the water forever. When I was 10 years old and set up my own email account, it literally was "Water Goddess". At 12 my mom had a white skort with the words WaterGoddess airbrushed on the front lol.  I feel soo connected to the ocean, the moon, and the actual element of water, that my brother actually thinks I control the rain.

There was always 2 days out of a month that I would go to the beach. On a full moon and when the waves were extremely still and calm.  I would literally be in my car at 12:30am for the 30 minute drive, park my car, go to the nearest lifeguard chair and sit there. For 2 hours, just sitting there with nothing but me and the waves and the moon and the stars. It would be so quiet..nothing but my breathing and the sound of water meeting sand. The wind would blow and....I finally felt like I was home, that I could think.

Now that I've moved, I live in a place where I SHOULD have already been to the beach, but I've just been so busy with school and work. But last night, the moon made herself known to me lol.  It was the night after it was full and I could see her through my window and she was screaming at me for neglecting her for so long. Six months to be exact. And for hours all I could think of was the water and the waves. I was lying here in the dark, trying to sleep, but I literally could hear the ocean in my head. It was terrible.  I couldn't sleep the whole night.  I was restless.

So, I've decided that before the month is up, I should go to the beach. It doesn't matter how late. But I need to just lay there with the stars. I feel like a fish out of water. I feel so dry and unfulfilled. I feel...lost. *sigh* I know this whole post sounds so poetic lol hahaha, but it's the truth. My kind of people are a rare kind to find. But I know someone out there feels the same way as me sometimes. I must have been a dolphin in my past life hahahaha.

Peace, Love, and Happiness,
Diandra Yuri

No comments:

Post a Comment