Friday, June 11, 2010

True Blood Is My New Bloodsucking Love

I didn't want to become this person. I didn't want to become this person. Well, I kind of already was this person. I loved the thought of vampires and the stories that I read. It was always dark, romantic, seductive, extremely sexy. I wanted to be that girl sitting in her room who knew that the vampire that was about to come was something I shouldnt be looking forward to, but still do.

Can't help it, why? Because 1) I'm a writer and 2) I'm a pure romantic.  I've read a lot of vamp and werewolf stories. Own all 3 Underworlds, Interview with a Vampire, Queen of the Damned, read the Twilight Series (Even though I can't stand Bella), watching the Vampire Diaries (Even thought I can't  stomach Elena). Actually Twilight gave me a temporary reason to not watch Vampire Diaries and True Blood because I can't STAND a woman who is extremely week to be in love with a vampire. When you're with a Vamp, the last thing you need to be is "Oh, help me! Help me! I can't live without you, so now I'm going to through myself in other situations where I could get killed. Love me and only me!" Oh and don't get me started on Bella in New Moon. I wanted to kill her that heifer!

But then I found True Blood, after avoiding it for so long. I LOVE this show. For the past 3 days, all i've been doing is watching Season 1 and Season 2, loving every minute of it. I love how Sookie has grown as a character. She didn't go all week and Bella-like, trying to kill herself or have a weak personality. She's not obsessed with Bill. Instead she is strong, cares for other people, and is extremely strong. She's not stupid (sometimes), but everything she does is for a reason and seems to always ends well.

The characters, actually, are really well-developed. Now i've never read the books, so i don't know how they differ, but so far I love how all the characters compliment each other. You got your hard stubborn Tara who's friends with "love everybody" Sookie who's brother is the town idiot Jason lol. Every character is different, but totally entertaining. I don't know how it would be if Jason wasn't an idiot lol.

I would write more, but right now i'm on Episode 8 of Season 2 and Sam just found Daphne with her heart cut out in the freezer, so I have to get back to y'all. But all in all, WATCH True Blood! Watch this show, it's not like all the other vampire show i've seen.  Sorry this isn't a review, but it's just me talking about my current obsession lol.

Peace, Love, and Happiness,
Diandra Yuri

No comments:

Post a Comment