Thursday, June 10, 2010

To Asia Or Bust: Ex-Blackstreet Member Teddy Riley to debut Asian Girl Group


Who would have thought, huh? For a long time, a very long time, I've been waiting for someone of Asian Heritage to bust out in the American music industry. When BoA and Se7en came, I was truly excited! I love BoA and I love Se7en, and those two are basically the King and Queen of K-Pop. Buuuttt, it didn't really work out for them did it. Se7en's video played once (I think) on BET and BoA, though hitting the top on US Dance Charts, getting on entertainment weekly shows, there really wasn't much about her either.

Now, there is a dance movie called Hype Nation being made, where the cast from what I have seen is all Asian. Former 2pm member Jay Park will be taking the lead as well as working for his musical debut in America.  There is another lead in the movie, Jay Park's sister, who has been casted. One of the seven girls above has that role.
These girls are a new group creadted by former Blackstreet member, Teddy Riley. Riley is a famous producer in the R&B/Hip Hop genre who has worked with many artists, including Michael Jackson.  He created this group about three years ago, and since then, they have been training. There isn't much about this All-Asian girl group, but I can't wait to see where they will go. They are said to debut in America as well as Korea, China, and Thailand.

I'm really hoping Teddy makes the U.S. the first priority for this group. Asians have yet to truly bust out in the music scene here, and now more than ever we need diversity. There's only so much Blonde hair, pop singers with guitars and high school crushes I can take lol.

Peace, Love, and Happiness,
Diandra Yuri

No comments:

Post a Comment